Fresh Foods Retail Operations Advisor
EUROSPAR Fresh Foods Retail Operations Advisor (ROA)
We are currently recruiting for a dedicated Fresh Foods Specialists in the Munster Region within the EUROSPAR Retail Advisory Team. The EUROSPAR Fresh Foods ROA will play a crucial role in influencing and supporting the delivery of the EUROSPAR ‘Famous for Fresh’ agenda at group stores Nationwide. Implementing and advising on the legislation and codes of practice that govern the handling of foodstuffs within Ireland are also important features of the role. Candidates for the above roles must have extensive experience within customer-facing, standards-driven, fresh food organisations, either in the Retail or Foodservice sectors, and have operated in accordance with HACCP. Experience in the development and delivery of fresh foods training programmes is also a critical requirement.
The responsibilities of this role include the following:
- To support ROA team members in their advisory role as it relates to the delivery of an extensive and evolving core range of fresh foods at EUROSPAR Group stores; across butchery, bakery, deli and F & V depts.
- To actively participate in the on-going development of new fresh foods ranges at Group stores; working closely on this activity with the BWG Food & Beverage Innovation team, and individual EUROSPAR group retailers.
- To develop and maintain up-to-date a wide range of fresh foods training programmes for the EUROSPAR Academy, for delivery in on-line and workshop environments.
- To lead in the on-going production of high quality fresh foods content for use in Group social media marketing.
- To support ROA team members in their fresh foods advisory role as it relates to the achievement of high food and food safety standards at EUROSPAR Group stores; specifically, the implementation, supervision and verification of HACCP, and the delivery of the Customer First @ EUROSPAR fresh foods department criteria.
- To support ROA team members in their fresh foods advisory role as it relates to optimising fresh foods department profitability, via product costings, stocktaking procedures etc.
- To support ROA team members in their fresh foods advisory role as it relates to advising and assisting retailers regarding issues with Environmental Health Officers and to work with stores to resolve.
- Any other duties as designated by your manager
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Min 4 years’ retail fresh food or foodservice sector experience and current food safety qualifications
- Fresh food product development expertise
- Training development and delivery experience, ideally on-line and off-line
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Good organisational abilities
- Be motivated, and flexible
- Full drivers licence