Fresh Foods Advisor
We are currently recruiting for a Fresh Foods Advisor, in the northeast of the country. The role of a Fresh Food Advisor is crucial to implementing and advising on the legislation and codes of practice that govern the handling of food stuffs within Ireland.
A Fresh Food Advisor must have previous experience of working within the food Industry, and have operated in accordance with HACCP.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include the following:
- To assist and advise retailers on all categories within the fresh food departments focusing on driving overall retailer performance within their region, while training and developing the stores to deliver on fresh food standards ultimately growing the business.
- The fresh food advisor will build strong relationships with retailers and their staff and work to achieve a successful retailing environment that exceeds expectations.
- To assist retailers by providing profitability and stocktaking procedures and address non-performing areas effectively, ensuring that issues are resolved in accordance with company guidelines.
- To advise retailers on the role of management and the tools required on achieving strong food safety standards, and committing to implement HACCP within the store through supervision and verification of the system.
- To deliver training in respect of the BWG certified food safety management system to retailers and their staff.
- To inform the Fresh Food Services Manager/FSQD of any concerns raised by Environmental Health Officers, and work with stores to resolve and rectify same.
- To advise retailers and staff on improvements that can be made to achieve the food safety audits specific to the store brand.
- Any other duties designated by your manager.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Previous retail experience (red meat experience an advantage, but not essential).
- Excellent knowledge of food safety at retail level essential.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to both motivate and influence.
- The ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- Strong computer skills (word/excel/powerpoint).
- Good organisational abilities.
- Be proactive and flexible.
- Full drivers licence.